With the addition of the Optima SF145MF to our portfolio, one can’t deny that we offer one of the most complete portfolio’s of cold transfer solutions in the world.
With one-of-kind features, this great cold transfer solution is equipped with state-of-the-art technology giving you the opportunity to create unique packaging on your large format press
see the FEATURES
Automatic Loading and Unloading System (ALUS++)
Direct foil drives (DFD)
Foil shaft changer
Foil Unit (FU)
Multiple Foil Use (MFU)
frequently asked Questions
Using a standard offset plate, an image is printed onto a substrate by the use of a tacky adhesive. Foil spools from an unwind and is nipped to a substrate. The aluminium particles from the cold foil layer are released from the polyester film and transferred to the substrate by the tack of the glue.
An image with a bright surface is created on the sheet. Foil that does not adhere to the adhesive remains on the 12um film, and waste is directed to a rewind spool or to a shredder (Vinfoil Infigo systems).
- Enables full-surface sheet decoration at high speeds
- High-speed applications up to 20,000 sheets per hour overprinting can be done inline and offline
- Eliminates the need for engraved hot stamping dies
- Allows use of standard offset printing plates, rollers, washing agents, rubber blankets for applying the adhesive
- Using multiple parallel-running, narrow foil rolls, the foil consumption can be minimized and made more economical
- Job changeovers, with or without foil, can be performed in just minutes
- No need to apply opaque white – the foil is simply omitted in the relevant areas
- Outstanding flatness of the output – optimal further processing
- Speed-to-market potential – very short production times
- Ideal for small print runs and frequent job changeovers
Multiple Foil Use (MFU) is Vinfoil’s patented foil saving technology.
By guiding the foil web back into the printing nip (after transferring parts of the metallic layer for the first time) a foil web can be used up to 3 times during the same job and foil savings up to 85% can be reached. (Compared to full web and laminated board, depending on the job.)
enjoy more of our solutions
get in contact
Let us be your guide into the cold transfer world. Contact us for more information today!